Larry Gindhart believes that photographs are one of the very best ways to record and retell the stories of important life events. Larry loves picture stories and he loves making pictures that capture the intimacy, joy, and beauty that are the essence of a wedding.
For Larry, it is people that give his photography meaning. Making photographs means capturing the moments and expressions that will tell and retell people’s stories through time and across generations. He accepts the role of photographer as visual storyteller, historian, and artist, and with it, the responsibility of capturing a beautiful, compelling, and joyful photo story.
Just as Larry’s pictures tell his clients’ stories, perhaps his clients’ words can best tell his:
• "Larry is there...attentive, sensitive, and responsive to what's going on with people. His images capture the moment."
• "Larry is one of the most gifted photographers I've ever met. His combination of interpersonal sensitivity and compositional skill is truly amazing."
• "Gindhart is lighthearted, smart, and unusually sensitive to the energy of the moment. Not only will you love your pictures, but you will be left feeling happy that you worked with him."
• "He is so personable and upbeat. He blended in and did not get in people’s way, yet he gave direction and had wonderful ideas. By the end of the evening he seemed like family"
• "He has just about the best temperament of any person I've met, he communicates very clearly what he wants from you in a shot, and he is non-stop."
Larry has been a Top 5 ranked Wedding Photographer on the IndyChannel A-List for 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. He's a Best of 2008, 2009 and 2010 Wedding Photographer at One Wed and 2011 rated at Wedding Wire. Exhibitions of his fine art photographs have been shown in the USA, Germany, Brazil, and Mexico and a number of them are in private collections.
Larry grew up in a large, artistic family. His great, great grandfather was a painter who, in the mid-1800’s, co-founded the Indiana School of Art. Larry’s love of photography reflects that of his father and grandfather, both of whom were avid photographers. One of his sisters is a painter and another is a fiber artist and jewelry designer. His children’s careers span the fields of music, film, culinary arts, and language arts. Larry and his wife Carol, a painter and dancer, live and work in Indianapolis and Miami Beach. Together they enjoy international travel to places like Brazil, Chile, and Argentina and especially to Mexico’s Mayan Riviera, where Larry has photographed extensively. Their list of pleasures includes yoga, bicycling, and Latin dance.
Locations: Indianapolis - Miami
Larry Gindhart Photography
6731 Shore Island Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46220
800 West Avenue, #722
Miami Beach, FL 33139